Saturday, March 13, 2010

Whoops!

Well last night I didn't do so well with posting a blog so I suppose today I will have to make up for it.
Yesterday was incredible. The weather was beautiful, my spirits were high and Kaylee and I seemed to be enjoying each others company just fine. We began our day bright and early around 6:30am. We hung out for a little while, I vacuumed the house while she played in her swing. I then just wanted to take advantage of the day and so we headed out for a stroll. I loaded Kaylee into the carseat/stroller combo and took the dogs with me. We were gone for an hour and a half at which time I was ready to sit down for a bit. Of course at this point as soon as the stroller stopped Kaylee started to shriek! I then sat on my front step rolling the stroller back and forth but this didn't fool her.

Well at this point I decided to go for a drive. We drove for 15 minutes and she was silent. I can't see her in the rear facing carseat and therefore assumed she was sleeping. I decided I would run into sobeys with her and grab the few things I needed.
What a disaster. She screamed the entire time. I then had a little old lady following me around asking what was wrong and if she could do anything. I felt like turning and saying "listen lady, if I knew what was wrong I would fix it! So stop following me!". I didn't however. I was polite and insisted she was tired.

Anyways, I drove around on my way home and then by the time I parked she was asleep. I unloaded the groceries, began to get everything prepared for fajitas that night and then sat in a chair in front of the window absorbing the sun and reading my book. I had a few beer during this process and enjoyed my afternoon immensly.

Jordon arrived home with a new case of Corona for me! What a smart guy :) . We enjoyed supper together, bathed Kaylee and put her down to bed around 8 again. We then decided to venture to our next door neighbours house for a game of poker. Of course we brought the baby monitor and my paranoia had me checking on her every 40 minutes.

We played 2 hands of poker which took a couple of hours and I continued to drink too many beers. We came home around 1am and I was exhausted. Kaylee was still sound asleep and I was hoping to get a few hours out of her.
She slept until 2am.... This was not nearly long enough. While she went back down until 6:30 I still felt as if I had not had enough sleep. I let Jordon sleep in this morning, hoping that he will return the favour tomorrow morning.

Another gorgeous day today. I made a big brunch and then Jordon and I decided to load up the cars and go to the lake for a nice hike. It was definitely chilly but the sun was shinning. Kaylee was bundled up and the dogs had a blast.

We came home and relaxed, Kaylee played and then had a short snooze. Tonight Amanda came over after work to watch Kaylee while Jordon and I snuck out for supper. It was fantastic. The first time Jordon and I have been out together for dinner since well before Kaylee was born. We really had a wonderful night and by the time we came home, Kaylee was sound asleep.
I moved her to her crib, however about half an hour later she was screaming at the top of her lungs. I am sitting here listening to Jordon in the baby monitor soothing her. Its nice to see him really stepping up. Anyways, tomorrow is supposed to be another beautiful day! I am hoping to get out and clean up the back yard. For now however I am off to dive into the Twilight book!
Have a great night!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good day. Remember, if you ever need a babysitter :) lol

    ReplyDelete