Monday, March 22, 2010

Down in the dumps!


Well, I know my blog has been all bright and cheery but today is a little blah. I should start out first by probably saying that I had a wonderful weekend. The weather was stunning. Jordon and I worked on our back yard and the garden, I scrubbed the BBQ down to look brand new again while Jordon washed my car. By early afternoon Saturday our neighbours stopped by. Wonderful people but I just wanted to get my yard work done. Needless to say the garden was half done and put on hold while we socialized. Kaylee was far to eager not to miss a thing and did not sleep. She watched our neighbours little girl intently as she played. A couple hours and beers later they went home and our other neighbours whom we often hang out with came by. Kaylee- still refusing to sleep around supper time as we still had company was beginning to get cranky. I invited our neighbours Scott and Lindsay for supper and we had a lovely BBQ.

As if right on cue, Kaylee started to scream as I sat down to eat. I bathed her while Jordon ate and then he dressed and fed her while I ate. At this point I am thinking, ahh, its 8:30, I am going to put the baby down and relax. Well, the company did not end here. Scott's parents came over to see the baby and stayed until just after 11. Kaylee- you guessed it, still refused to sleep. Eventually everyone left and I placed her in her crib to cry and she was asleep within minutes. The sheer exhaustion of the day was too much to handle.

We were in bed early and because she went down late, she was up once through the night and then slept until 8am. What a treat.

Anyway, Sunday I asked Jordon if we could try and keep our day a littler quieter. He happily agreed and finished turning up the garden and tidying the yard for me. We had a wonderful pork tenderloin supper and were in bed very early. Kaylee also seemed tired and was in bed by 7:30.

She seems to be starting the habit of not allowing herself to sleep during the day at all. For a while she was allowing herself to have cat naps... This seems to be a thing of the past. I would be completely happy with her being awake all day if she would start sleeping through the whole night. Last Friday it seemed as if we had back tracked to week 2 of bringing her home. She was up every 2 hours. I really was not happy and was cranky about the whole situation.

Anyways, today is a Monday.... Jordon went back to work, which means I am flying solo at home and I just felt as if I was not in the mood to be a Mom today. I know how awful that must sound, but really.... I wasn't feeling hot and wanted to curl up with a blanket, sleep and read. I know those days are long behind me and usually I am utterly happy with what I have in return, however today... I was just wishing to have no responsibilities for the day. OF course because I wished this, Toby (my Boxer) was sick- 3 times, Kaylee fussed all afternoon and Jordon worked late.

Anyway, its now 8:30, Kaylee is in her crib- laying there wide awake but not fussing in the slightest :)

I am very happy that the day is over and I know I will wake up tomorrow with a new outlook on things. We are after all, entitled to a day now and then to be cranky right? Here's a couple pictures of Kaylee in her bouncy chair. She holds herself up quite fine but has not found her balance. If i tuck her in, then she sits there very content- for a period of time anyways. I also throwing a picture of my plants which are starting to sprout!!

No comments:

Post a Comment