Friday, March 19, 2010

8 Weeks Old

Wow! Where does the time go. I feel like days are flying by and weeks seem like a blur.

Yesterday was Kaylee's 2 month birthday. I had a big debate with Jordon over whether 2 months should be the 21st of every month or the fact that exactly 8 weeks ago yesterday I had her. I say it should be 8 weeks ago I had her and that makes her 2 months old.

Regardless. Yesterday was a good day which is nice considering she has been quite cranky this week. We went to the dollar store in the afternoon with Amanda, a little drive to calm her down afterwards and then home to relax until Daddy came home. Once he arrived home we had supper and went to Walmart.

She slept 6 straight hours last night which was fantastic. I really do appreciate sleep in a whole different way!

Today we were also busy. In our backyard, Jordon and I built a huge garden 2 years ago when we first moved in. Last summer we had to rip the yard apart to put in a french drain, and with the expense of that we did not get to the back garden. I simply focused on the front and left the back alone.

Well this year I want to get in there. The problem is that flowers cost money and that is a very large garden (not to mention the fact that I still have a large front garden). My brilliant idea was to start a whole bunch of seeds inside the house and then transplant them outside when it is time. A packet of seeds costs about $1.00, give or take and buying the flowers is much more. So I am hoping it works. Here is what my little flower experiment looks like right now.

In other news, other then that garden which makes me feel very Martha Stewart- lol.
Today was another incredible day! Jordon always gets off work early on Friday's and so we were very happy to see him home shortly after 3 this afternoon. When he got home and we sat and had a beer together, discussed the day and how Kaylee had been, and then decided to go for a walk.
We loaded Kaylee up into the stroller and Jordon grabbed a hold of the dogs and off we went. It was lovely. Enjoying the weather, my hubby, baby and dogs. I literally thought this afternoon how lucky I was. Life could not get too much better. If only my family was here, life would be pretty darn close to perfect!

This evening has been another story however! LOL. You knew that I couldn't write a whole blog about how perfect life was right?!?! hehehe. Anyways, Kaylee had 2 MEGA barfs and was cranky all night. I am not sure if her belly was upset or what was going on but she was not so happy. Everytime I tried to put her down she screamed. If I held her she would stop. So this resulted in me walking around with her all night without putting her down. Its now 9pm and she finally let me put her in her crib without waking up screaming. This was after all the third attempt.

Its a Friday night and I am so tired. I wanted to socialize with neighbours and have a few drinks... But after the sun today, a few beer, cranky baby this evening and never enough sleep... I really want to crawl in bed with my book. Does this mean I am growing up? Or just getting boring??? hahaha! Anyway, tomorrows plan is to work on the back garden- prep it for when we can plant. Maybe I will have something interesting to say tomorrow!!! Have a great Friday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment