Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Bye Bye Baby Buldge

Well, it was brought to my attention that I have been writing more about my everyday life, then I have about Kaylee and our life with her. While this may be true, I am sure that my life includes her and while my everyday ramble may not solely be based on her, it would not be written if it were not for her.

That being said... Today is alllllll about her. I think I may have gotten ahead of myself by thinking that all of my problems were solved by formula. While yes it h as made things easier, we still have moments where I truly wonder what I am doing wrong and if I can do this.

Like the night before last, Kaylee was up every 2 hours last night. I thought those days were over I kept thinking over and over and over as I got up with her. Each time I would hear her in the monitor I dreaded having to get up and smile at her and try to calm her down. Instead I wanted to sleep, for hours and hours straight! Of course I did get up and of course when I saw her looking up at me I melted and picked her up to hold her. That being said, sometimes it is harder then others.

In the last week since bottle feeding, Kaylee has been rejecting my boob more and more. Last night when I attempted to breast feed her, she completely rejected it. I have decided I am going to move strictly to the bottle. It feels like a disappointment in some ways, but I also know I gave it my best shot, she was not getting what she needed from me (obviously) and she has gotten the antibodies from the first 4 weeks that they say babies need.

Some people may disagree with me and my choice but that is ok.

Today Kaylee and I woke up around 7:30. To be honest, I woke to the smell of her poop. She was not yet crying but I knew it was coming. By the time I had warmed up a bottle and come back, she was fussing. Oh man, the poop!!! What a stink.... Rotttttttttten! Anyway, we got up at this point.... I made my bed and put on the kettle as I do every morning. I thrive off of routine, and as any Mom knows... Babies do not have a routine. Making my bed and pouring my tea is the only sense of normal I have.

I am feeling a tad cranky today and I am sure it is a mix of the lack of sleep, as well as the fact that I have started my first period in a very very long time. Grrr, that is enough to make anyone cranky- right?

Around 1 o'clock this afternoon, Kaylee decided she was going to have a tantrum. I didn't have it in me to fight her on it. The car has become a nifty little tool. I know they say not to get into this habit, but whatever works is what I am going to do. Anyway, she doesn't always fall asleep but it does seem to calm her down and make her content. I drive around for 45 minutes before coming home. As soon as the car stopped, Kaylee began screaming once again. I pulled the stroller out and went for a walk around the block- twice..... It was brisk but she was bundled up and I walked quick enough to try and keep me warm. She was calmed down but not yet asleep when I came home. I gave her a bottle and she quickly dozed off. After my walk I was feeling motivated. I looked over at my Elliptical which I had placed in my living room about 2 weeks ago and I have done nothing but look at. I decided right then and there, that I was going to attempt to get on it. I put on the yoga pants and off I went.

I did 25 minutes and let me tell you.... I felt like I was about ready to roll over and die. My goal had been 30 minutes but I just could not make it. I was beat red in the face, panting like Toby on a hot day (my Boxer with the HUGE tongue) and I didn't know if I would be able to climb the stairs for a glass of water.

Well, I am here this evening to tell the story, so I have survived. It also motivated me to try and do this everyday. I will try and report the progress and if I get anymore in shape then I am (or am not)....

I have a video I am going to post today! She is just too darn cute and trying to poop. As you can tell, I cannot stop laughing!... I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaahahahaha. This is so cute! Next time I'm there I hope she poops so I can see the funny faces! lol. Every little bit helps when it comes to exercise. If you ever want to come to a hot yoga class let me know :) I will be going every Sunday night soon.

    ReplyDelete