Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Called out!

Well, a few people have called me out on the fact that I have not been keeping up with my blog. Its been almost a week and I haven't posted a thing. So here I am.
I have had a lot of mixed feelings in the last few days and maybe that is why I have been hesitant to write. That and the fact that I hate to sound repetitive.
I have been having trouble with that whole issue you read about as an "expecting mom" but never think you will fall into that category. Issue: resentment.

I hate to say it.... I hate to say that I am resentful but I am not sure what else it could be at this point. Maybe I am feeling the way I am because we have finally settled into a routine (which I need in my life), but maybe this routine isn't enough. Jordon gets to get up every morning and goes to work- I know it is work but it is something away from home which he gets to engage in. I get up each morning around 7am and begin my routine.

Put bottle on, put kettle down, make bed, change diaper, feed Kaylee, put her in today's outfit, tidy up whatever mess is left behind from the night before, figure out what I will cook for dinner, tend to Kaylee, tackle a daily chores, prepare supper, tend to Kaylee, take car of dogs, cook supper, tidy up, bath Kaylee, feed Kaylee, put her down to bed, 8pm.. finally a little me time- maybe fold some laundry, write my blog (occasionally I know), crawl in bed, read and pass out waiting for the 3am wake up.

Most days, there is nothing I love more then spending my days with my little girl and making sure that my home is the way I like it. Other days, I feel like I miss socializing with adults, I miss getting out of the house on a daily basis. So when Jordon comes home and wants to have a shower and wind down from his 12hour work day, I want him to take Kaylee so I can have time without having to worry about her fussing or needing me. Now Jordon is generally fantastic but there are nights when he to is tired and wants to relax. These are the nights I resent him and want to go back to work and get away from being house wife. I don't know. Maybe this is just me venting because it was a rough day where Kaylee just wanted to scream, we have company and trying to keep my house tidy, cook supper, deal with a cranky baby just seems too much.

Regardless...Onto a wonderful topic... Kaylee is developing at an amazing rate. I cannot believe how fast things are changing. When I lean over and look down at her and say "tell me a story, she smiles and starts coo'ing, caw'ing and going on and on about whatever is in that little head of hers. She has found her voice and is using it for something other then crying. Its quite frankly the most adorable thing I have ever heard!

She is now wearing clothes for 3-6 months which boggles me but she won't stop getting taller so onto the bigger clothes we go.

Our weekend was very quiet. The weather was kind of crummy so we didn't go to far. Jordon and I did venture out and about around the city to find a new pair of sneakers. We both did find nice Saucony shoes. They are comfy and new shoes always look good :)

Other then that, I have been back on my baby bulge battle. Elliptical everyday as well trying to just walk with the dogs. Last night I really felt like I wanted to do more and get out of the house, so I went to the rec center for a swim. I swam 45 laps until my legs hurt to go further. I was a fish as a child and truly enjoyed swimming. I know what good cardio it is and have considered starting to do it on a more regular basis. 2 problems... $130 for a 3 month pool pass.... seems a little pricey to me... Also, my hair... Chlorine is not good for hair... How do you save it?
Tonight instead of a swim, I opted for a walk with Amanda and the dogs around the street. It was nice to get out of the house again and vent to her. We have a wonderful way of being able to just say whatever we think, knowing we will never be judged. That's really special.

In other news, we have company this week. Grampa arrived yesterday and will be spending a week with us and Aunty Cheryl and Uncle JR arrive tomorrow night to stay a few days. It will be the first time we have all been together which will be nice.

So for any Mom's out there reading that have some insight into my mood swings, leave a comment and tell me what you think. Again, some days I can think of nothing better then what being a stay at home Mom could be like and others I am just lost at being home now. Argggg.

Until I write again! Enjoy some pictures. Haven't taken too many in the last few days...

1 comment:

  1. I think that is probably normal. Having you time is really important to keep your sanity! I wish I could come over in the days still but I'm back to the 9-5:30 position so I'm only available nights. Not sure when Jordan gets home but if you want some girl time after supper let me know :)

    Swimming is sooo good for you! You could get a swimming cap which protects your hair I think. And also vinegar is good to get the chlorine out, just not sure what it does to colored hair.

    ReplyDelete