Saturday, February 20, 2010

Red Wine?




Ya!!! I am happy to announce that we had another fabulous day yesterday! Not only did I accomplish all kinds of things, I also had a very content baby all day long.

We woke up yesterday morning bright and early... Kaylee had her bottle and a big burp then fell asleep in her swing which she adores!

9:30am rolls along and suddenly my front door is opening- now I know Jordon is at work and wonder who would just be walking through the door. To my surprise, Dawn, a co-worker and friend had come by. After reading my blog and hearing about all the trouble I had been having she arrived with Lindor chocolates (yum) and formula... She said after hearing about all the problems she knew the baby wasn't getting enough of what she needed.

We chatted for a while and I got the scoop on what has been going on at RIM. Always interesting to hear the work drama :)

She rocked and fed and burped Kaylee before putting her back in her crib and heading to work. Ahhhh a nap at 10:30am and a Mum who can now watch the recorded Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice!

While I didn't make it through both shows before the nap was over, she woke up making happy little noises and not the bellowing I had become used to.

My best friend Amanda has recently moved in next door which is wonderful to have. She came over and watched the little Miss for us once Jordon had gotten home from work, to allow us to go down for a tan. Jordon has never done this before and loved it!

We came home and Kaylee was still content although stinky.

During the process of moving from strictly breast milk to formula over the last couple days, has resulted in her not pooping- to which everyone assured me is normal. So when I arrived home to smell a stinky bum I was excited!!! Who would have thought these would be the things to excit someone! haha!

Needless to say, when I pulled open that diaper, it looked like someone had dumped an entire large jar of dijon mustard in there! My goodness!!! Huggge poop!

Once she was changed- again a happy little girl.

Friday night.. The neighbours have invited us over for a drink and to watch some of the olympics. I decide that yes, I will have a drink as I can give her a bottle tonight. I grab my bottle of Naked Grape Shiraz (yumm) and head over with my beautiful happy little girl.
It took a few hours, but almost half a bottle of wine and I had extremely rosey cheeks and a little sway going on.

Kaylee had been hanging out with us, waking up to coo, then dozing off the entire evening...

If this is what being a Mum is all about, I have now decided I LOVE IT. As we know, if you would have asked me a few days ago, my answer may have differ'd.

Night 2 with formula went almost as good as night one. She woke up once I arrived home from the neighbours around 12, but after a bum change, a bottle and a rocking in my arms, she dozed back off happy as a clam. Here's the great news, 12:30-4! That's right- 3 1/2 hours! Wonderful!!!!

I woke up this morning to hear her at about 6:30am... The slight pounding in my head made me realize I surely do not miss the hangovers that go along with drinking. Popped a couple tylenol, warmed up a bottle and after doing our routine diaper, feed and rock she was back to sleep until 8am. At this point- yes I made Jordon get up and take his turn. Jordon who I might add did not have half a bottle of wine, but rather about 8 beer! hehehe- it was fun watching him have a turn at it.

Until tomorrow, I am signing off. I have decided I am ready for a little change and am going to try being a brunette. Wish me luck- lets see how it turns out- pics to follow! Today I am sneaking one if of the pups snuggled by the fire... So sweet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment