Thursday, February 18, 2010

4 Weeks Old

4 weeks ago... Wow, where does the time go... Hard to imagine really, as my life has changed so much.

Not only have I had a baby, but I have also learned a lot about myself. I have learned I am not as strong as I once believed I was and that being a Mom is the most difficult thing I have ever done.

I have learned that being a Mom isn't just hard on me, but it is also very hard on a relationship.

Jordon and I have beem together a very long time (about 9 years) and it seems we are learning some very key factors about each other. That being said, he is wonderful and tolerant of my outbursts of "I can't do this"...

Something I have also learned is that the love that develops between a mother and her child is something so very different then anything I have ever experienced...Its powerful and there is really no way to explain it. Sounds very cliche however, very true...

Yesterday was another rough day. While she did nap from 9:30am-almost 11am, this was the end of her sleeping for the rest of the day...
She hollared at the top of those lungs until 6pm... This doesn't seem normal to me but the doctor seems to think that she is just a newborn that may have a lot of gas... I guess this could mean we keep playing this very exhuasting game of sleep for 2 hours then scream for 6...

As most people know, I love to cook... I also love food :) I don't often not cook a decent supper and resort to cans. This being said, I had the best can of beans with weiners last night. So simple, quick and tasty. Anything that can be cooked in 5 minutes these days is great in my books!!! LOL.

I read my girlfriend Krystal's blog this morning and she writes about what a happy and content baby her little one Marley is... I am soooo jealous. I cant wait for the mornings where I can get up and Kaylee is not hollaring at the top of her lungs!
Until then, I will keep writing, drinking lots of tea, bouncing, rocking and all the things that go along with trying to keep her happy.
Here's a picture of her so content which makes me elated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment