Friday, February 19, 2010

Breast is Best???


Some may agree with what I am going to say and some may not... But that being said, I truly believe whatever works for you and your baby is what you should do...

Wednesday night after the 6 or so hours of screaming someone had suggested trying a bottle of formula to see if that satisfies her... Until this point I have been exclusively breast feeding her.

I gave her the bottle of formula Wednesday and she went right to sleep. I then tried giving her a bottle between each breast feed yesterday, and let me tell you- she was the HAPPIEST baby there ever was! So what does this mean... It means I am happy... It means for the first time in 4 weeks she, as well as I, slept from 11pm-4am!!!!!

YAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! 5 HOURS OF SLEEP!
Who would have ever thought this would be the best thing I could ever ask for!

At the end of the day, I have decided that I will do both. Breast feed her half the time and give her formula half the time. I am not sure if she is filling up better from the bottle or what the factor may be, but if it keeps her happy then I am going to keep doing it.

All that being said, even with the 5 hours of sleep, I seem to have caught this pesky cold that is going around. Just in time for the weekend! Jordon will be off work and pick up the slack while I try and recoup as fast as possible.

I cannot believe what a difference having a happy baby around, instead of one screaming at the top of her lungs makes. It makes for a different person! I am content and feel rested and I want to look at her all day long again...

Last night our neighbours invited us for supper and we even got through the entire meal without her fussing! She just laid in her car seat and smiled up at us :)

Ahhh life is great! For today anyways, who knows what tomorrow will bring and all the things that go along with being Kaylee's Mom!

Oh and as a side note- I am completely amazed at how much can be accomplished by 7:30am... I have already done 2 loads of laundry, swiffered the floors, emptied the dishwasher and made my bed! Sleep does wonders :)

So I leave this post with the thought that while breast MAY be best... it is not exclusively best for Kaylee and I... After all, having my sanity and her happy is what counts!

P.S. This also means Jordon can get up and feed her bottles at night- isn't that a pleasant thought ;)

2 comments:

  1. 5 hours of sleep! I'm going to send you balloons to celebrate! On a side note, cleaning would be the last thing on my mind. You are SO your mothers daughter. =0) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Please see my latest post =0)

    ReplyDelete