Tuesday, February 23, 2010

9lbs 4 oz



Well, our doctors appointment yesterday went well. Kaylee is fattening up just fine and came in at a whooping 9lbs and 4 ounces. YAAA!
Dr.Machado did her exam, moving her joints and checking eyes and ears, then turns to me and says "your going to have your hands full with this one!". I looked at him and laughed and then said "Going to? I already do". She had fought him on everything he tried to do. If he was extending her leg, she kicked or pulled back, if he was checking her ears, she tossed her head from side to side.

Oh boy! The disappointing part of yesterday was that, my doctor advised me that he is leaving the clinic and wont be taking any of his patients as he will be taking over all patients at his new clinic. Now I am on the search for a pediatrician.

After the doctor visit, Kaylee and I made our way to Jordon's work to visit, bring him a coffee and show her off to his office. Not to mention try to start mending fences from the night before.

We walked around and everyone adored her. Of course for the hour we waited for the doctor she would not sleep, but now that everyone wanted to see her and have her open her eyes, she was out like a light!

Jordon went back to work and I ventured home knowing I would LOVE a nap. I walked in the door, let the dogs out, lit a fire and brought her car seat down beside the couch while I laid down. Not 2 minutes later she was wide eyed. Typical right? I guess I didn't need that nap after all. We went about our day and she was wide awake but content. We had a few mild outbursts but it was usually to tell me something- ie. dirty diaper or I want my soother.


I cooked a nice supper last night, haddock, seasoned taters and a tossed salad. Jordon and I sat down and while I didn't quite say I am sorry, we both agreed the night before was not what either of us had intended and it wouldn't happen again.

Kaylee has been coughing a little off and on for 2 days and then sneezing a lot yesterday, so when she started to fuss for no reason last night I began to wonder if she was getting a bit of a cold. Hard to say with an infant if a flu in coming on I guess.

We crawled in bed early last night- about 8:30 and put on the TV, rocking her and trying to keep her content. By 10:30 she had fallen asleep and off to her crib she went.

She slept until 2:30 and then from 3:15 to 6, then 6:30-8. Not a bad night by any means.

This morning we read my friend Katrina's new blog. http://www.katrinacuvmom.blogspot.com/

She writes about how hard the first 4 months have been and how trying it is on her relationship. I must say, it is really nice to know I am not alone. People don't talk about the hard and awful times and what it can do to two people who do truly love each other. It was nice to read that other people are out there going through the same motions.

Today we are going to take it easy. My Dad arrives Thursday at around 4pm. He is flying in from Toronto and I can't wait. I haven't seen him since last summer and I think it will be so nice to enjoy his company. That being said, I don't think it is me he is interested in hanging out with. I am pretty sure he has a soft spot for my sweet little girl.

So, I am off to try and tackle the never ending laundry and maybe vacuum some of the dog hair off my floors that will never go away! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment