Friday, February 26, 2010

Poppa Bear is Here!

Yesterday was an awesome day!

While I kept busy tidying up, getting things ready for supper and just preparing for Dad's arrival, Kaylee seemed content to keep herself fairly busy.

We had a quick visit from Jenn, who had lent me a ton of her maternity clothes. I wanted them out of site and therefore handed them back over!

After our visit, Kaylee and I headed to the gas station then off to the airport. We arrived early- around 3:45- go figure.... Always early as this has been drilled in my head for as long as I can remember. I was carrying her in the car seat around the airport, however as most of you know, those darn things- along with a 9lb baby get very very heavy.

I located the luggage cart and propped the car seat in it and away we went. As long as we were moving, she was happy.

Dad's plane arrived at 4:15 and while we had agreed he would simply send me a message letting me know he was there and I could drive up and pick him up, I snuck up behind him with our little surprise.
Of course at this point she was sleeping but he was never the less happy to see her. I had to laugh when an older woman walked up to us and said "oh my, what a beautiful baby". Can you guess my fathers response? "Of course she is, she looks like her grandfather". Haha!

We came home and enjoyed a cold beer, did some catching up and Dad emptied the duffel bag that was simply full of clothes and stuffed animals for Kaylee. I am telling you, if this little girl gets anymore clothes, I am going to have to start giving them away. Don't get me wrong... I am grateful for everything, but I am simply running out of room! LOL.

Jordon came home and the men took over baby duty so I could get supper going. I cooked up some haddock, onion rings and salad. Simple, yet hits the spot. Seemed to go over well with them anyways.

After dinner, we all migrated downstairs to put on the Women's Hockey game that was going on. It was of course against the U.S for the gold. Of course Canada took Gold- I would have never expected less.




At this point Dad had been humming "Oh Canada" to Kaylee for about an hour trying to calm the fussy little girl down. As soon as he thought he had won the battle and she was asleep, the eyes popped back open and the humming resumed.

Finally after a few steady hours of this game- "I'm asleep- ohhhh no I am not", she drifted off around 10:30. I am going to happily tell everyone that she also slept until 4am. This being said, she had also decided that she was not going back to sleep until 6am. Dad wandered into the room as she bellowed around 4:45 and told me he would rock her if I wanted to sleep. As desperate as I was to sleep, I had just gotten 5 hours and he looked pooped. I sent him back to bed and continued fighting the battle with her.

I went back to bed at 6am as Jordon got up for work. We then slept until almost 8am! Yahoooo! If you add all that up, that was 7 1/2 hours of sleep! Fantastic! The 2 hour break in the middle was not fun, as it never is, but I am not complaining.

I woke up and put on coffee for Dad and Amanda who I hoped would venture over and poured myself a great big tea. Kaylee had her bottle in her swing and hung out while Dad and I chit chatted.

Eventually we came downstairs and I was showing Dad how easy it is to Blog. He is now in the mist of creating his own Blog. His will be about work and instrumentation- something which most people do not know much about, however I think it will be fantastic!

It's wonderful to have my Dad here. It truly makes me miss being home close to family and friends. They say that is what matters but I don't think you really understand that or appreciate it as much until you have a family of your own.

Having my Dad here also makes me miss my Mom terribly. She flew down for a week after I got out of the hospital and took care of me. She taught me all those little things that you have no clue about when you first bring your baby home. She was patient and kind and took Kaylee when those hours of screaming just seemed to be too much. All that being said, she also cooked everyday (and I am not talking kraft dinner meals- more like chicken Parmesan, lasagna ect.), she did all of the laundry, taught me how to give Kaylee her first bath, washed my floors... Need I say more? She is incredible. What I would do to have her close.

Our long term plan is to move back to Ontario- maybe the Waterloo area where my company- RIM has an office. It won't be tomorrow, but its enough to look forward to. Until then I will have to keep enjoying each moment that I get to spend with them.

Oh, since I am writing about my fantastic family, I do have to throw a little shout out to my sister. Jackie has embraced being an Aunt! She has more pictures of Kaylee on Facebook then I do and sent a very sweet little gift down with my Dad. I cannot wait to see her!

Tonight is the Men's Hockey Gold metal game and I am sure there will be a few drinks and cheers going on here! Dad will be wrapped in his Canadian flag and humming away to Kaylee!

Can't wait to spend another awesome night with family!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment