Thursday, February 3, 2011

Settling in.

 Hey Everyone,

Well, it has been a while since I have written and I promise not to have a meltdown through this blog. Slowly but surely, Kaylee, Jordon and I are settling into a very new routine.
I will not say that it is easy and I will not claim to be very good at it yet. That being said we are learning and growing and working towards making it work.
I was so carried away last month with the thought of coming back to work, I did not even write about my little girl turning 1.
Wow, now there is a thought. 1 year has passed since I had Kaylee. It sounds so cliche to say "where does the time go" and "it went by in a blink of an eye"... But wow, how true. In the beginning, I did not feel like I was very good at being a Mom and I felt like it dragged on. Kaylee was colicky and cried for many hours at a time, so between exhaustion, frustration and the whole process of trying to learn a whole new life, I felt like it was lasting forever. So when people said "it goes by so fast", all I could think of was "ya right, then you are getting more then 4 hours of sleep in a day". ha ha.
That being said, once Kaylee turned 12 weeks, we turned a corner. Suddenly Kaylee was turning into a little person and each and everyday something new was happening. Now she is 12 months old and running around, saying a few words, laughing at random things, eating absolutely everything and the light of my life.
Now that she is 12 months old, I am now also back at work and once again going through a new change in my life and trying to find balance in work and family living.
I can honestly say, I wish I could work part time. After all the things I said about needing work, which I still believe I do, I simply wish I could do it a few days a week and have more time at home with Kaylee.
That however is not an option and so we must continue doing what we are doing.
Kaylee has adjusted to daycare amazingly. She is running around with 3 year old's and playing with them as if she has been doing so forever. She is not upset to be dropped off and not eager to be picked up. While this is fantastic and exciting, its also hard to watch.
I am learning however to enjoy the small amount of time I have with her each night, more then I ever have before. I value the small things so much more and I am slowly learning that supper doesn't have to be a big event every night, the house doesn't need to be perfectly clean every night and that Jordon doesn't expect me to do it.
I guess I just became so used to having everything done and having my time with Kaylee that I assumed I would be good at it all once I was back to work full time as well. It seems to be a little more difficult however.
There,  that's me trying to say what I have been thinking without going on and on and on.
So Mom's, I have to send out a message and ask! What are some of the tips, suggestions and thoughts you have for me on how to balance it all. How do you maintain your home lifestyle and work full time everyday!

Have a great day everyone!!!!

Jaymie

No comments:

Post a Comment