Thursday, February 17, 2011

Adjusting.

Daddy and Kaylee
Hey out there to anyone who still reads my blog... I know it has been a while and I also know I always say that. Trying to juggle life has become so much more difficult.

Happy Girl!

That being said, I am getting there. Kaylee is doing incredible!  Over the last few weeks she has learned to say "Da-dee" which a super high pitch at the end. It is so adorable and while I am jealous it is not "Mommy" I can accept it.
She is also learning new things everyday. There is an adorable little fellow that she goes to day care with who has coined her "Baby Kaylee" so now Kaylee is trying to say "bay-bee". It is not nearly as often or dominant as her "Da-Dee's" but non the less it is adorable.
My baby sitter is phenomenal. I have not once picked Kaylee up, upset, or unhappy. Honestly, some days she doesn't want to leave (ouch)...
I know that this is an incredible thing and I am happy about it however I still have that ache in my heart when I drop her off. Kaylee is now passed walking and is full on running. She is so fast it is unbelievable. She gets around and gets into everything.
She was quite sick  last week, which of course I coughed up to the fast that it was daycare and being around other sick children, but after being sick for a couple weeks, Mommy not getting much sleep at night and her coughing to the point of throwing up at some points, we decided it was best to take her to the doctor.
It is hard to take your child to the doctor without feeling like one of those crazy Mom's who is banging on the doctors door everytime their child has a sniffle. That being said, I feel like I waited a long enough  time with my sick little girl to go.
When we arrived, the doctor clearly saw how sick Kaylee was and gave us an anti-biotic. Kaylee's first antibiotic. Eeeks. I was hesitant about giving it to her however within 24 hours my little girl started coming around. It took a few days but she is now 100% back to normal.
We are adjusting to our new lifestyle at a slow and steady pace.
All of that being said... In 7 weeks I will be getting married. WOW. How insane is that. Long time coming or not, saying that out loud is crazy. I bought my dress a few weeks ago and I  have to say I love it. I did the typical- saw it on the hanger and did not like it, tried it on and LOVED it.
It is fitted in the top (sucking me in and pushing me up in all the right places) and loose at the bottom. It is not to heavy which will be nice for the beach.
We have also begun using Skye. Anyone out there use it? The video chat over the Internet for free? Its amazing. I do not know why my family and I have not thought of this before. Each night we set it up and My Mom, Dad and Sister all get to see and talk to Kaylee. It makes it feel as if they are not missing so many important moments. I am not just telling them about it but they get to see it. I also hope that Kaylee will begin to take more interest in it so she can learn to recognize who our family is.
Other then that, it has been pretty quiet. I have always been a home body, but now that I am back at work, I feel like this rings true now more then ever. I am content to head home at the end of the day, pick up my baby and just enjoy the quiet evening. Suppers and cleaning are done when I am able and the rest of the time we just wing it. Ha ha.

My Sweet little girl! Bath time with Daddy!

One last note, to those that do read my blog. I want to thank you for your support and guidance. I know I am sometimes crazy and babble on but I always have such great feedback from everyone. So thank you so much for that!

Have a great day!

Jaymie







No comments:

Post a Comment