Monday, August 23, 2010

Change of scenery!

Well another week has passed and as the season is beginning to change, I too felt that I needed some change. Sitting on my couch last week, I looked up at my curtains which I have dreaded since the day I have moved in... I had this sudden, overwhelming desire to rip them down! I am going to show you the "before" photo of the living room. When looking for one, I could only find one of when we first moved in. I must have subconsciously not taken pictures with these curtains in them because I did despise them so much. Here is what I mean people....


So while, the room at this point is quite bare.... You can clearly see why I did not like these curtains. The colour I also found was just... Too old, too cold and not very inviting.


So I ripped the curtains down and enjoyed it more then you can imagine and then felt motivated to paint! Time to revamp and stop having a living room that looks like an 80 year old lives in in. At this point it was the evening so I decided the following day- Friday, would be the day to get started! Friday morning I woke up with a migraine.... For anyone who has had a migraine they know how hard it is to function, let alone take care of a baby. I get a migraine about twice a year for whatever reason and as much as I tried getting through the day, it was just not working. At 11, I had to call Jordon and tell him I just couldn't do it anymore and he had to come home and take care of Kaylee because I needed to bury my head in a pillow. My migraine was so bad, it was making my physically ill to my stomach. Lovely day- me wrenching my guts out in the toilet as Kaylee sits playing with my feet and chatting away. Well he saved the day, coming home early from work, with Aleve migraine relief and gravol. I stayed on the couch for the next couple hours trying to mend myself.
When I did wake up I felt like a new woman. At this point it was the middle of the afternoon and after a shower and a bite to eat, I was feeling motivated. I went down to the Canadian Tire, bought all the paint and supplies before coming home to get started. While it was a late start to the day, I really wanted to get going. For the next 2 days I painted and stared at the walls thinking, "what on earth have I done... It looks like a clown house". However after finishing, placing everything back in order and putting some new framed photos on the wall, I think it looks great! Bright, however great! I did however need to stop painting as I think doing the entry way and dining room the same colour will just be too much. I am going to tone it down for those spaces. So what do you think of the finished product?



I still need to find some sort of window treatment but I really do not want to cover up half the window like the last curtains did. I love the amount of light that now pours through the window.

Other then that, it was a fairly quiet weekend. A few drinks with friends and lots of time outdoors with Kaylee. Yesterday I had a wedding shower to go to across the street at the neighbours and when Kaylee made her brief appearance at the end, she was quite the hit! I am so impressed with how well she is doing with people just passing her around. She doesn't play shy at all.

In other news, Kaylee is now 7 months! She had her 7 month milestone on Saturday! Where does time go? Kaylee is on the move everywhere, pulling herself up on everything she can manage and eating everything in site. It is so great to see her inquisitive about everything she sees, curious to learn more and hungry for anything you put in front of her. Watching the development is incredible.

This week is a busy one. This evening I am going to get my hair done. A few highlights and a trim. Of course I have to look good for my birthday this week! Wednesday is the big day- my champagne birthday! 25 this year and I intend on having a great time. It was very quite last year as I was in the process of growing a little girl, so this year should be fun with the party we have planned. Saturday we are having everyone over for drinks, food and a fire pit. I think there will be some guitars playing and some great laughs.

Anyway, I will be sure to write more about my busy week! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Thanks for reading my blog and- LEAVE ME COMMENTS :)

2 comments:

  1. The Color looks good! You're right its bright, but I think it goes with your furniture!!

    I say paint the entrence way the same color as the living room and then make the dinning room a different color!!! :)

    That last picture of Kaylee with food all over her face and looking guilty is adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MightI say as a painter...quite impressed. Great choice in color, and i would get shutter instead of curtains lots of light and they close right up. Deffinitly go with another color for your dinning area and maybe an accent wall.... LOL Your Daughter is adorable, Iam sure that your doing a great job as a mom when you see smile like that!!!!! Miss You tons!!!!!

    ReplyDelete