Thursday, August 26, 2010

Champagne Birthday!

Hey Everyone!!!!!!!! Well, what a busy week! First of all, I feel like I have been painting forever! That being said, it looks so good and it is rewarding to see it looking the way I like. I am going to post some pictures of the finished product.

Other then the painting, I also celebrated my champagne birthday. On Wednesday the 25th, I had my 25th birthday. The big celebration is this Saturday when we are throwing a big "collaboration party" for our neighbour Scott and I however I did have a great day on my actual birthday. I spent it with the people I love! Painted all day and enjoyed Amanda's company and then got ready for my evening out with hubby. After we put Kaylee to bed, Amanda stayed at the house with her so we could go out. We had a lovely dinner and enjoyed the time out of the house.

***Out with the playpen and in with the new play space***


***I decided against the big chest here at the end of the day...***

Also in the news! Kaylee's temper is getting increasingly worse. I set up a little play area in the living room for her and she loves to play there.... as long as I am sitting right beside her.... She been be happy as a clam and as soon as I get up to try and tackle a chore or even to go pee, she starts to scream.... I mean hollar as loud as you can imagine. Real tears and everything. She screams while crawling until she locates me and then she sits on my feet until she calms down or I pick her up. Unreal. I have read that I have to ignore her when she throws these tantrums, however she will continue screaming for 30 minutes. I am going to have to try and find a resolution to this, as it is enough to make anyone crazy listening to the howl.

Kaylee has also stopped going to bed at her regular hour of 7pm. While she will stay in her crib and I do not give in, she is not going to sleep til 9:30. And despite what people think... This does not mean she sleeps in later. She is up at the same 6-6:30am.... Last night Jordon and I sat down to play a game of poker and have a glass of wine and I must have thought her antics were amusing. I captured this video.

Part 1...



Part 2...


So while I am laughing at the time, it really isn't smart of me to laugh at her... Note to self, do not consume 2 glasses of wine and then giggle at Kaylee while she acts adorable.... when she should be sleeping. Haha!

Other then that, I am just working on getting my house back in order after the painting. It seems everything was everywhere and I didn't get around to a lot of the things I normally do when I was trying to paint. So, off to it I go. I want to get things organized for tomorrows big bash! I will post soon! Let me know what you think about my paint choices andKaylee's little tantrum issues...

Have a great day!

***Dining Room before the paint...***

***After***


Jaymie

1 comment:

  1. Ok let's try this again! my post from yesterday didn’t save :s

    First of all I love the colors together now that I can it! It was so hard to imagine with just the paint chips haha. Its funny how orange I thought the living room was when it was first painted…but now that the dining room is painted a real orange, the living room looks yellowish!

    Thanks again for helping me pic color’s! if you hadn’t I’m not sure I would have gotten my ass in gear and got it all painted! You’ll have to come see how mine turned out! Certainly not as bright as your’s…but I have bright furniture so I needed some neutral walls.

    ReplyDelete