Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Update

Well, the last couple days have definitely been different.... The first 2 times I put Kaylee down, she wasn't impressed however after a couple of soothing reassurances she went to sleep. Yesterday for her afternoon nap, no questions asked, she went in her crib and slept for an hour an a half.

Today our "routine" isn't such a routine. It seems to be not 2, 2 hour naps but rather 3 shorter naps. I think this is acceptable if she is sleeping and if I try and maintain the same schedule.

Aside from just being shocked that she actually slept, I have kind of been a little lost. I am used to having Kaylee up all day with me, dealing with her fussing, bouncing all over the house and giggling and laughing with her. While we did that today, I found there were hours in between while she was napping that I was lost. I cleaned out 3 of my kitchen drawers today... LOL... I mean really, who does that.
On the up side, it was nice to have her nap today as I am sick as a dog. I have been battling a cold since last Friday and it seemed to come upon me this morning with avengence. Needless to say, when she laid down, so did I... I am not a napper so this is not something I generally do... Today however, this cold was getting the better of me and I had a snooze.
In other news... In the last few days, Kaylee has gone from LOVING the tub and bath time to simple loosing it when we lay her down. I couldn't figure out why, but tonight we simply placed her in the bumbo in the tub and she was happy as a clam. Mum says that its because now that she is sitting, she is too afraid to miss something and doesn't like laying down. Maybe this is true, but if the Bumbo works, then I am going to use this method.

Other then that... Things have been quiet... I haven't been swimming the last couple of nights because of this cold but I have also steered clear of wine and not had quite the appetite the last few days, so I am hoping it doesn't kick my butt.
I haven't been taking any new pictures, so I will just pick a favorite for today! Have a great night!

1 comment:

  1. Cleaning out drawers while she napped? I wish I had your energy, I usually watch TV while the house continues to crumble around me ;) Feel better soon :)

    ReplyDelete