Sunday, September 5, 2010

Down and Out...

Hey Everyone! I know I have been a horrible blogger and I know I have also said this at the beginning of many blogs. I had a crappy week and opted to not write so as not to sound so negative. That being said, I am back in business with a lot of photos to share with everyone.

***Kaylee in a new favorite spot... The sink... When I am cooking or puttering around in the kitchen she likes to sit up here and watch!***
So over the last week and a half or more since my last post a lot has been going on... We have been working very hard on Kaylee's temper tantrums. I asked other Mom's and did some reading and the answer I received from most sources was very similar. I need to ignore the tantrum and wait for her to calm down before I should comfort and pay attention to her. Any parent out there knows that listening to a child scream for more then a minute, feels like eternity. That being said, I gave it my best and let her cry it out. It took 2 days for her to realize that I was not going to give in to her.

Last night we headed out to my Uncle Mark and Lexie's house for dinner, to visit with the family. Being my only family here in Nova Scotia, you would think I would see a lot of them. The problem is, they are soooo busy! All the kids play rep soccer and hockey, not to mention Mark and Lexie also play in their own leagues. Very busy. With the Hurricane we had, their games had been cancelled and so we received our dinner invite. We spent a few hours there which was fantastic! The girls are growing up so quickly! It was really nice to see them playing with Kaylee and interacting together.


***Hanna, Kaylee and Aunt Lexie***

***Rachel, Hanna, Paige and Kaylee playing***

***Cousin Bonding!***

Speaking of the hurricane, how did everyone else fair with it? I know that a lot of the province lost power and many trees were down. We however were very lucky. Friday evening after Kaylee had gone to bed, Jordon and I buckled down, putting all the lawn furniture away, strapping the BBQ to the deck and making sure everything was ready. Jordon was able to borrow a generator from work and therefore if we had lost power we knew we would be just fine. We woke up Saturday morning to find that it was quite windy but it wasn't as bad as expected. We later learned that the storm had slowed down and had not hit. We did get some high winds and lots of rain but our power never did anything more then flicker. We spent the morning watching the storm in the dining room, looking out the windows. It was kind of nice not to have a lot to do and just take the day as it came.

***Kaylee standing up on the chair***


***Kaylee watching the hurricane from the patio door***


***Looking out the front window in the mist of hurricane Earl***
***Kaylee lounging with Mummy, drinking some water***

***Crawling to Mummy!***

Also in the last couple weeks... As I believe I mentioned in my last post, we had a big party with many of our friends for my 25th birthday and our good friend Scott's 33rd birthday! A lot of people came out for great food, drinks, a lot of fun! I made 3 beer can chickens, baby bbq roasted taters, a macaroni salad, and brushetta! Not to mention the amazing cake Amanda made for Scott and I, the veggie trays Lindsey made and the cheese and cracker trays I had put out. Oh and the rum punch that didn't have a drop left! haha! Lindsey also had a birthday present for each Scott and I to enjoy on Saturday. She had a pinata for each of us!!! What a blast! We had so much fun with those! Thanks Lindsey!!! So while the party was a great success, I did find that by the end of it I was exhausted. Hosting a party is a lot of work... With the cleaning before anyone shows up, food prep, food cooking, cleaning up, making sure everyone is content- by the time midnight rolled around I was barely holding my head up! The party died off around 2 and I crawled in bed soon after. Kaylee woke in great spirits at 6am.... That's right.... 6am... Tired Mummy here we come.
***Birthday cakes for Scott and I***


***Sitting around the fire, enjoying good company!***
***Scott beating his pinata***
***Jenn and Max out for a visit***

***Me getting ready to beat the pinata***

***Jordon pulling out the bat before the fun begins!***
***Jonny with Max and Kaylee***
***Adele and Kaylee hanging out***
***Adorable Max***
***Lindsey and Amanda, enjoying the day!***
Other then that everyone.... I have been kind of quiet. With the heat the heat that we had last week, Kaylee and I spent a lot of time hibernating in the cool basement. We love to read books now that her attention span is growing and we love to use Mommy as a jungle jim. She crawled all over me, laughing in full amusement. So while she was often cranky from the heat (and dare I say a tooth finally, maybe coming through) she did have some great moments. Kaylee and I fought over taking the diaper off/leaving the diaper on. She thinks a fun game is taking it off and playing with it. Ha ha!
Maybe my crankiness also had to do with the heat. While I normally love the heat, being stuck in the house, did happen to make me a little stir crazy.
So, that all being said, I am going to be in better spirits. I am going to starting to get out more and enjoying the wonderful season of fall before winter creeps up on us!
Thanks for reading, leave me a comment and have a wonderful day!!!
Jaymie

No comments:

Post a Comment