Sunday, July 11, 2010

PART 3- Meeting my Aunt and kind of Uncle....

After a few days in the city, with this incredible heat wave that was going on, I decided to head to the trailer a day early. After all, my little sister, also known as Auntie Jackie has yet to meet her neice.

I once again, loaded up the car, loaded up Kaylee and hit the road. At this point, Kaylee is so darn sick of that carseat but being such a wonderful little fart. She fussed for the first couple minutes and then played before she dozed off to sleep. I made it up north and heard the thunder rolling, but no rain. There was a trail of kids behind my sister, so while she went crazy over her first time meeting her neice, I had all the kids put to work and help me unload the car. We had everything in the trailer before the anticipated rain, hoping it would take the humidity out of the air, however the rain never came. It thundered all around us but we never actually got the storm.
Anyway, Jackie and I enjoyed a quiet night with a little catching up and simply enjoying each others company. She is spending the summer up north babysitting another trailer goer's 2 children. It works out for everyone as the kids and Jackie get to enjoy the summer at the trailer, on the lake while the kids Dad knows where they are and that they are very well taken car of.
Kaylee did not sleep very well that first night. Who could really blame her. It was hot, humid, the third place she had slept in 5 days and there has been so much going on, I think she was simply overwhelmed.

Early the next morning the thunder began to rumble the trailer, lightening was flashing and finally, the rain poured. I thought it was going to wash out the roads! What a wicked storm to sit and watch from the trailer. Kaylee and I sat inside and played, read books and ate veggies.
Later that afternoon, the sky cleared, Mom and Dad arrived and we enjoyed sitting in the sun while chatting amoungst each other.
Throughout the weekend Kaylee was fantastic, overwhelmed and exhuasted. With so much going on, I never really knew what I was going to get out of her.
She did get to meet her "kinda uncle" Andrew. My sisters boyfriend Andrew is great with kids and enjoyed playing with Kaylee in the grass. It was nice to see her have the male interaction with Jordon so far away. We have established over this weekend that Kaylee is also quite a flirt. She pulled on beards, smiled and giggled and almost every man she saw and sat and played with Andrew for about an hour.
Auntie Jackie also took Kaylee for her first beach trip! Now that Kaylee has experienced a pool, we wanted to cool her down at the beach this weekend. Jackie spent about an hour with Kaylee laughing and giggling and watching everyone swim, putting her feet in the sand and splashing her feet. It was incredibly adorable.
So Kaylee has now met not only her her Aunt Jackie but she has met my extended trailer family who all also adored her. She is doing quite well with all of the new faces.
This is the end of part 3... One more part to follow to tie up our first week away from home!

No comments:

Post a Comment