Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Busy Beavers!

Well the last couple of days have been just as busy as the first week! Monday morning Kaylee and I woke up, after the best sleep she's had since we have been here which was amazing, and took it easy for the morning before our busy afternoon ahead.
That afternoon Poppa Bear came home and hung out with us for a little while and played with Kaylee. He even brought her up to his office to "help with invoices"! LOL I must say it was quite adorable. I don't remember my Dad ever being such a sook!

Later that afternoon, we loaded ourselves back into the car for what seems like the 1000th time. Kaylee doesn't even fuss going into the carseat anymore.

We arrived at Cheryl and JR's for the evening and enjoyed a great supper and great company. Auntie Cheryl is now expecting her own little bundle of joy and we should expect his or her arrival this fall. We can't wait Kaylee to have a cousin less then a year younger then her. Very exciting news!

Anyway, Kaylee played with Cher, flirted with JR and then started to get fussy. We headed home and she was alseep before I was halfway home. We pulled in the driveway and PoppaBear was standing in the driveway waiting to see "his baby". He took her out, kissed her, got smiles and giggles out of her then read her a story before finally putting the very tired little girl to bed.

I did not remember to take any photos when we were visiting Cheryl and JR but we have lots of time and I will be sure to get some next time.

Yesterday morning we went for a walk in the muggy weather but I just wanted to get out of the house and enjoy being outdoors. That afternoon we went to visit Jordon's Aunt Fern and Aunt Helen. It was exciting for Kaylee to meet her great aunts and they were very happy to meet her!
After spending some time with them, we headed home, sitting in this wonderful Toronto traffic which I still dread.
Finally we arrived home and Mom was busy at work cleaning up and making sure everything was in order. I needed to do some running around to get Kaylee's formula, diapers, bottle liners and cookies and Mom offered to watch Kaylee so I could just quickly get it done.
WELL!!!! Let me tell you! Going shopping and being able to take my time and putter around was awesome. Generally any shopping that gets done now a days is with Kaylee and I have a limited amount of time before she becomes bored and wants to get up and see everything. I took my time and even tried on a pair of jeans! Geez, life is good! LOL. Its the little things that make it good.

I went home to get ready for my evening out with a great friend of mine Richard. Mom was more then happy to watch Kaylee for hte evening which is amazing! I have not been able to go out leaving Kaylee at home much at all. Knowing she was safe and sound at home with Mum was so nice.Thanks again Mom, your amazing!!!! I know Kaylee loved hanging out with her Nanna!!!During highschool Rich was a always there and we have still kept in touch over the years. He stopped by and we went out for a drink and supper, then headed to his house which him and his wife Tiffany recently purchased. We all sat and chatted for a while and I also was introduced to their very new, very tiny, very adorable new puppy Romeo. He is a maltipoo and I think he is about the size of Toby's snout. LOL.
Speaking of, my goodness I miss my furr kids. I miss Jordon too and of course I miss everything else that goes along with home. That being said, I cannot explain to you you incredible it is to be spending time with family. Kaylee is enjoying being spoiled by my Mom who is head over heels in love with her and really isn't fond of putting her down, Dad is carting her around to work in his office to enjoy her little giggles, Jackie is happy to finally meet her neice, Kaylee is meeting family she hasn't had the opportunity to yet. I know she wont remember this but it feels important to me to be doing it, to be allowing her the chance to have them love her and let all her family have the chance to see what a precious little girl she is.

So while I may be missing the simple routines we have at home in Nova Scotia, it is worth it and more to be enjoying family.
On that note I will end todays blog. We are going to be meeting up with a few more of my friends from school over the next couple days and if Jordon's father arrives here in Toronto then we will certainly be seeing him as well.

Here are a few pictures from the last few days!

Have a great one!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment