Monday, May 31, 2010

Devoted Dad!

Well, yet another busy week has passed since my last post. Lets see what has happened...

Last week Kaylee and I really worked on our napping. She seems to be going down for her naps just fine, however not sleeping for very long. About 45 minutes in the morning and about an hour in the afternoon. I have had mixed comments about this. Some people say its very important to maintain the schedule of 2, 2 hour naps a day, others say that at least she is napping and the longer periods of time will eventually come. So I spent a lot of time trying to soothe her in her crib (without picking her up) after she woke up after the 45 minutes for the next hour to try and make her understand that this is a 2 hour event. Sometimes this worked, sometimes this didn't. I guess we will keep trying to battle this hurdle.
Another sleep issue... The nights... My perfect sleeping 11 hours a night for about 5 weeks straight baby has done a 360. It has been almost 2 weeks of Kaylee getting up throughout the night. As I have said before, sometimes I can simply give her the soother and she goes back to sleep (which is most of the time) and other times she has a bottle and goes back to sleep. I have tried feeding her as much as I can, thinking she was simply hungry- however this tactic has not worked. Saturday night, she woke up at 3:30am and decided she was having nothing to do with going back to sleep. We rocked, we ate, we took a soother, then she started laughing and trying to get me to engage in playing (which I did not). This continued until 7am. I even attempted to bring her to my bed to sleep. This is something I have not done at all, due to starting bad habits as well as the animals in the house. I have worried a cat might jump up or roll on her. Anyway, this also did not work. At 6:30 Jordon got up and took her for me so I could go lay down. Of course I was in bed til about 7am when she really started to fuss- of course now she was tired from being up most of the night. She went back to bed until about 8:45 but that was it. Lets just say Sunday was a long day.We spent a lot of time outside this weekend, because of the beautiful weather once again. It seems Kaylee loves to be outside and is actually becoming quite a little social butterfly. No longer does she fuss when someone else holds her, she is actually smiling and flirting with them. I thought this was awesome as she was becoming very attached to only me for a while. Friday evening, I had an appointment to get my hair done- back to blond baby!!! I told Jordon that I would put Kaylee to bed so he could relax as Fridays are normally the nights he comes home and has a few cold beer to wind down from a long tiring week. Of course he came home to tell me all his buddies were playing baseball that night and he couldn't go. I felt bad- for about 30 seconds! I haven't had my hair done in months and months and I really needed to get out of the house if only for a few hours. Needless to say I LOVE MY HAIR! Thanks to my Mum for sending me the cash to get it done- shes awesome and I love her!!!!!
I have really been on Jordon about spending more time with Kaylee as he works long hours throughout the week and some days gets home in time to simply see her fall asleep. This weekend I have to say he stepped up. He played with her on our bed for a while Saturday afternoon trying to wind her down for a nap, he stayed home while I once again left Saturday night for dinner with my girlfriend Adele, and Sunday after I had been with her most of the day, he put on the Snuggli and mowed the lawn with her. We were unsure how she would react to this but she loved being outside, and actually fell asleep- even with the noise!
So this is a big THANK YOU to my hunny for doing awesome Daddy Duty this weekend!!!
Aside from that, Kaylee is happily rolling over many, many, many times in a day! She loves to roll over, look up at me, whine until I put her on her back so she can show me how she does it all over again. It is quite adorable!
It is so amazing to watch an infant become a little person. While it is exhausting and sometimes frustrating, it is also extremely rewarding to see her learn new things, eat EVERYTHING and laugh when I make a silly face at her!
I have been trying very hard lately not to become a hermit. I am a home body and I know this. I like to be close to home or at home puttering around. This has caused me to say "No" to going out a lot. I tend to blame it on the fact that I have Kaylee, however she is becoming much easier to bring out and much more adaptable to new places and situations. I made a deal with my friend Jenn to try and get together every Wednesday, if only for a walk with the dogs. I really have to stop hibernating at home. I am fine once I get out the door, it is just getting my butt out the door.Anyways, that's all for today. I promise to write soon! Enjoy a few pictures of my beautiful growing Toots!

No comments:

Post a Comment