Monday, June 13, 2011

Life changing decisions.

Hey All....

Well it has been a very long time... Longer then even my normal slacking self. I have been putting my blog off for so long because I am kind of trying to sort myself out.
I feel as if I am being pulled in a million different directions trying to figure out what is next for me.

Today however I made the first step... The first step to changing my life.

Today... I quit my job. My last day will be next Friday and then I will start the process of what my next step will be. I have enjoyed my experience with RIM and I will continue to be a supporter of them, but the office lifestyle and hours that I am being told to work are simply not going to work for me. My family has to come first and I am not willing to sacrifice them for the paycheck.

Aside from that life altering news... I am also extremely home/family sick. I miss my family and feel as if Kaylee, along with myself and Jordon are missing out on so many things being so far away from them at this point in our lives. Of course this is something that we are hoping to change in the near future, but moving across country isn't the easiest thing to accomplish over night.

Also- some wonderful news.... Jordon and I shared our wedding day with our family on the beaches of Punta Cana on April 8th 2011. It was absolutely incredible. I wouldn't have changed a thing at all. It was intimate and sunny, short and sweet and shared with all the people we love.

Married life is exactly what I thought it would be.... The same as it has been for the last few years! haha!

Jordon and I have been together for 10 years, so we have learned each others habits, changed with each other, grown with each other and been through some of the biggest experiences of our lives together. Standing on a beach and saying our vows to each other was amazing, however our lives remain simple and full of love.

So with all that being said, I am now going to give you a little something about my little girl. Kaylee is now a little girl.... In the last couple months, she has learned a handful of new words, she learned to crawl out of her crib, she learned the art of charming the pants off everyone who looks at her and she learned that she really likes the word "No".

Life has been incredible watching Kaylee grow each and every day! Her vocabulary consists of;
Mommy
Daddy
Bath
Ta ta
Mine
Puppy
Toes
tank you
and the famous "No"

I know every parent must say it when they watch their child, but my goodness she is smart. She knows exactly what she wants and if she doesn't know  the word, tries her very best to communicate it in some other way. Makes my whole heart smile watching her.

A couple of weeks ago  however, I experienced another feeling.  I was laying in bed and heard that awful "thump" come from Kaylee's room. I didn't hear any cry but ran in and found her standing there looking up at me with a great big grin. Well that was the end of the crib. I have the convertible crib, so it is now a day bed with the safety bars on it. See Picture here.

So this has brought on its new set of challenges. 2am...*beating on her bedroom door* followed by a "mommyyyyyyy".  I reply "Go back to bed Kaylee". She understands and most times goes and gets back in bed, however she tends to go through the get in bed, get out of bed process a number of times before actually going to sleep. Aside from that, it has been a fairly easy process.... For her... I on the other hand am having a hard time watching my little girl crawl into her very own big girl bed....

Well, that's all for today. It seems I may have some time on my hands very soon, so I will try and get back into this. I appreciate any of my readers who still come and check in from time to time and I apologize for the lack of blogging.




Have a wonderful day!

Jaymie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment